Click or hover over image to zoom in

2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L - Advantage

(19 reviews)
$449.00
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu (LCV/LKW) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming
This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu LCV/LKW engine and corresponding 6T45 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW MY2013+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an EZ Flash cable device that will yield gains of up to +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM (Peak vs peak gains of up to +1 ft-lbs and +6 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW) MY2013+.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013+ 2.5 (LCV/LKW) ECM software reprogramming:
Gains of up to +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM under the curve (Peak vs peak gains of up to +1ft-lb and +6 WHP) Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality Power feels linear and immediately responsive (improved drivability and throttle attentiveness) Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained Return to stock functionality included with EZ Flash cable and software ”Autostop” feature permanently disabled  
Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu 6T45 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:
Supplementary 6T45 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns Improved shift logic (improved drivability) Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles  
Installation Notes:
Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required  
2.5 LKW dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu with a 2.5 LKW engine) - stock wheels/tires

Additional information and availability:
This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U)  
TRIFECTA Advantage:
If your vehicle is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our TRIFECTA Advantage calibration. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Read more...

Need help? Have a question for us?

Contact Us

• 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number.

Must be exactly 17 digits, 9th digit must be 0--9 or 'X', and cannot contain characters 'I', 'O', or 'Q'.

We recommend acquiring the VIN directly from the vehicle's VIN Plaque on the dash, or the certification label in the door jamb since insurance and service documents are sometimes incorrect.

• Please contact support prior to purchasing if you have any questions: Contact Us

• Support is not officially provided for aftermarket hardware with this calibration, however many hardware components which would normally work without any specific adjustment on the factory calibration may be automatically compatible.

Examples include:

-Most Exhaust components

-Recirculated turbo bypass valves

-Most brand name intakes (ONLY with any included resonator/venturi designed to prevent the intake from setting any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes).

If you are not sure whether your hardware is compatible with TRIFECTA Advantage, please Contact Us for assistance!

About 2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L - Advantage

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu (LCV/LKW) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu LCV/LKW engine and corresponding 6T45 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW MY2013+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an EZ Flash cable device that will yield gains of up to +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM (Peak vs peak gains of up to +1 ft-lbs and +6 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW) MY2013+.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013+ 2.5 (LCV/LKW) ECM software reprogramming:

• Gains of up to +25 ft-lbs @ 6500 RPM and +35 WHP @ 6500 RPM under the curve (Peak vs peak gains of up to +1ft-lb and +6 WHP)
  • Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
  • Power feels linear and immediately responsive (improved drivability and throttle attentiveness)
  • Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
  • Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
  • Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
  • Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
  • Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
  • Return to stock functionality included with EZ Flash cable and software
  • ”Autostop” feature permanently disabled

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013+ Chevrolet Malibu 6T45 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

• Supplementary 6T45 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
  • Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
  • Improved shift logic (improved drivability)
  • Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
  • Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
  • Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
  • Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

• Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
  • Premium fuel is recommended for maximum power output, but not required

2.5 LKW dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu with a 2.5 LKW engine) - stock wheels/tires

image.jpeg

Additional information and availability:

• This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes an EZ Flash Cable (TFEZ010U)

TRIFECTA Advantage:

If your vehicle is stock, or has certain modifications which "just work" and do not require tuning, you can simply plug and play with our TRIFECTA Advantage calibration. Advantage customers receive full customer support for as long as they own their vehicle. Custom tuning is not offered at this tier, and the price reflects it. It is a great entry level option if you want to get the most potential out of your vehicle with just one mod!

Shipping Options

Shipping options and prices may vary depending on the total value of your order. Your final shipping price will be determined at checkout.

Options shown are based on your estimated location.

• $20.00 - Ground (1-5 days)
  • $65.00 - 2nd Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (2 business days)
  • $115.00 - Next Business Day (M-F, No Sat/Sun Delivery, US Only - NO P.O. Box Delivery) (1 business day)
  • FREE - I already own a Black TRIFECTA EZ Flash cable. (Cable must have TRIFECTA logo sticker. Black Cable ONLY. )

Shipping Size

• Size
    8.69 in × 5.44 in × 1.75 in
  • Weight
    1 lb

2023matt

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

It took me a few week to bring myself to buy this tune, but now that I have it installed all I can say is wow.... just wow. This is the best money I have spent on my car! I have driven sport cars over the years and this tune makes the 2.5L really feel like a sports car!

To anyone who is on the fence on whether or not to buy this like I was, buy the tune. It is well worth the money!!!

Link to review
Mjohn3006

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I have a 2014 Maibu LTZ with the 2.5 engine. Being LTZ it has factory dual exhaust, and I installed a K&N Typhoon cold air intake on it. Before the Trifecta tune I was pretty happy with the car, it was a family sedan with teeth, after it feels like a sports car in a sedan body. The soft shifting has changed to snaps. The shift points are very agressive in moderate acceleration, if floored the shfit points are long and mean. It is fantastic! Better than I expected. It feels like a different car.

A friend of mine traded his Corvette in for a Jaguar F-type R and he was amazed with my Malibu. He actually thinks the shifting on my malibu is nicer than his $100K F-type. Obviously I don't come even close to him in just about everything else, but this friend was VERY impressed with what the Trifecta did to my "family car".

Link to review
cyiam43

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I have had this tune on my 2013 Chevy Malibu for several weeks now.  All I can say is WOW!!!  This tune and transmission tune is outstanding.  You literally have to retrain yourself on how to drive the car because it is so responsive now.  I love it and it's so much faster now.  I do have the K&N CAI for this car installed but stock exhaust.  I run 93 octane.  The car is so much more fun to drive now...it is hard to explain unless you have a Malibu and then install the tune and drive it.  You will experience an incredible change and it will put a huge smile on your face!

Link to review
Kameron B

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Up to the customer service and even shipping this product was great. Installing it wasn’t too bad either, overall the tune gives great performance and you’ll really feel it, it opens up the car so much more, I have the 2.5L with a K&N intake plus a valved muffler and this tune gave my car some actual get up, this car has surprised a good amount of people in the week and a half I’ve had this installed, great purchase and I’d recommend to any 2.5 owner.

Link to review
AaronKnox

I love this product got it for 2014 Chevy Malibu 2.5l 4cyl. It made the car feel like it came alive, much better shift point’s especially on hwy previous to the trifecta performance program when I would get to around 55 mph the car would somewhat hesitate and struggle to stay in 4th gear kept having to downshift to get power to accelerate even uphills, since the upgrade there is power right where it needs to be has my engine running just above 2krpm and can accelerate in the first gears to reach 55mph and maintain speeds through shifts much more smoothly . Also the added benefit of deleting the auto stop has been a lifesaver I’ve not had any issues with it since the program it was throwing multiple codes for the DBCM and various other issues before.. Would recommend to anyone !!

Link to review
Darryl P

Edit: Updated to 5 stars!

I'm giving it 4 stars, only because I want to see the longevity results before I give a full 5 stars.  But for now, and I just flashed my vehicle today, I am VERY IMPRESSED!!  Very first acceleration, and I immediately felt the difference.  MUCH better throttle response.  I've put about 50 something miles since flashed to get a feel for this, and my car is actually fun to drive now.  It will seriously get up and go now (and yes, its a 4 cylinder, and I'm not expecting a lot from a 4 cylinder, but this tuner really makes a huge difference in my car.)

Link to review
David Garner

Best $300 I have ever spent on a car!! This tune really woke my Malibu's engine and trans! More power and way better shifting at a higher rpm at full throttle. No more annoying stop/start is an added bonus that you wouldn't expect for the money also. I also got great gas mileage, 38 mpg at 64 mph and 36 mpg at 70 mph. I would recommend this tune to anybody!! 

Thanks Trifecta!!

Link to review
Lalo702

Tune came out great easy to install easily feel the difference the car feels more free :)

Link to review
Immortal

Man....this tune is beautiful. I've had it for about a week now and my my my the car just goes in the first gears. I had to really let my foot off the gas and retrain my foot to not be so heavy. Really drives like a completely different car....Almost like a sports sedan. Really great work!! Anyone not sure about getting is....It should be the first performance mod you pick up!

Link to review
sins

Just received my software and uploaded the tune. Feels way better than stock. I am one happy customer.

Link to review
mesaman

WOW !!!!!

The best money I've ever spent on an car. Not only did I get more power, my gas mileage has gone up about 20%.

Thank you.

Link to review
GaryssHTX

Been running this tune for a few weeks now and have put a ton of miles on it and this tune is amazing! Throttle is so responsive and top end power pulls strong. Bottom end also feels great as well, absolutely love the tune!

Also have the K&N CAI installed.

Link to review
douglaseb

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

I written this review almost 3 years after Installing the tune from Trifecta. What a difference! This tune make this car a pleasure to drive. It drives like a V8.

Link to review
kingluv83

Awesome Product! I recommend this to anyone. I already have 3 friends that are going to buy. Great job everyone at Trifecta Tune! :D

Link to review
senarj88

The car has top end now and the throttle is a lot more responsive. Thanks for the great tune!

Link to review
jrrtt09

I've gone 95,000 miles in a 2015 Malibu with no modifications, I never thought I needed more power, but every once in a while it would leave me waiting while the transmission tried to find the right gear (to be fair, the powertrain is better than the competition at this price point). I installed 225/50r16 Falken Pro G5 Sport A/S tires (smaller diameter than stock) and Vogtland lowering springs at 95k miles, at that point I was regularly using manual mode to downshift for engine braking on turn-in. At 97k miles I installed the tune and don't have any complaints. I still have to use manual mode for engine braking, but for normal driving it's more responsive. I can definitely feel that little bit of increase in HP and TQ, especially in the mid range. The biggest improvement is the transmission tune, shifts are faster both up and down, and it holds gears a bit longer than before. NVH is unchanged, it can still run a lower rpms like it did from the factory, fuel economy improved a little, probably because I leave it in auto more often.

Link to review
John Dyck

Ordered the tune and ez flash cable for my 2016 malibu limited, and all I can say is it is day and night difference! No more annoying stop/start crap. Transmission shifts perfect quick and crisp. Now driving this car is actually kinda fun:) the torque for highway speeds is way better as well as get up and go is much better. The car even does a burn out on dry pavement now🤣 I 100% recommend this tune for the 2.5 malibu!!

Link to review
Braylon Henry

Love the torque and aggressive shifting. Completely frees up the car. Highly recommended!!!

Link to review