In about 20 minutes, you can increase the performance, power, sport factor, and economy for your 2017+ Chevrolet Colorado / 2017+ GMC Canyon.
- The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Calibration for the MY2017+ Chevrolet Colorado is intended for stock vehicles, and includes a TRIFECTA flash loader
- The TRIFECTA Advantage+ Powertrain Calibration for the MY2017+ Chevrolet Colorado allows speedometer recalibration for aftermarket wheels and tires (among other certain calibration adjustments), and includes a TRIFECTA flash loader
- The TRIFECTA Elite Powertrain Calibration with Individualization (Custom Profiling) for the MY2017+ Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon LGZ includes calibration individualization, remote diagnostics, and comprehensive aftermarket hardware software integration support. (Includes a TRIFECTA flash loader)
Key Features of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2017+ Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon powertrain calibration software reprogramming:
While on the outside, the 2017+ trucks look the same (save for a red V6 on the tailgate), underneath the hood, its a totally new truck. Sporting an application-specific 3.6L V6 of the new HFV6 generation (read more about the differences here: TRIFECTA: We love the Colorado/Canyon. We love the 2017 model even more.) and 8 speed automatic transmission, our engineers had to start from scratch in building the successor to the already best-in-class product for the 2015-2016 Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon.
Dyno-proven gains in power
Using a chassis dynamometer, TRIFECTA has established proven gains in torque and horsepower!
3.6L LGZ dyno graph(on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2017 GMC Canyon CrewCab 2LT with a 3.6L LGZ engine) - stock wheels/tires:
Telemetry-proven gains in acceleration
Using professional grade industry-standard telemetry equipment, TRIFECTA has also established proven gains of up to .5 seconds in 0-60MPH acceleration times versus the factory calibration through power gains, throttle ramp rates, and shift schedule optimization.
Driver Selectable Vehicle Modes (also known as “DSVM” or “Shift-on-the-fly”):
The ability to change the driving behavior of a truck has always been of great interest to the truck community. TRIFECTA exclusively offers the ability to change between three driving modes, on the fly. Three profiles offered: Sport, Eco, and Tow/Haul
- Sport mode offers aggressive pedal response, more progressive downshifts, extended shift points (selected when cruise control system is disarmed)
- Eco mode offers economy-centric pedal response and shift points (selected when cruise control system is armed)
- Tow/Haul offers the factory tow/haul mode (selected when tow/haul button is pressed / mode engaged)
Accelerator Pedal Detent Delete (Sport Mode):
The LGZ-equipped vehicles, along with most other trucks equipped with an 8 speed automatic transmission have a “detent” at the bottom of the accelerator pedal travel. On the factory calibration, the driver must consciously press through this detent in order to achieve maximum acceleration and full downshifting. While in TRIFECTA's SPORT mode, maximum acceleration and full downshifting can be achieved without passing the detent. This allows for a level of throttle modulation during sporty driving maneuvers not possible on the factory calibration.
TRIFECTA Performance Active Fuel Management (PAFM) (Advantage+ or Elite package)
The LGZ offers V6/V4 mode. GM has succeeded in making V6/V4 transitions (AFM, or Active Fuel Management as GM calls it) extremely smooth, such that in most cases they can't be noticed. However, some customers may have exhaust or other modifications that cause the truck to produce an undesirable exhaust note while in V4 mode. TRIFECTA exclusively offers three options with regard to adjusting AFM parameters with this product:
- AFM available/active in all drive modes (default)
- AFM disabled in Sport mode
- AFM disabled entirely
Advantage+ and Elite customers may request AFM behavior changes when ordering their product.
Optimum shifting improvements for your transmission – without “unlocking” the TCM
The LGZ equipped vehicles come mated to an 8 speed automatic transmission (8L45). A TRIFECTA exclusive-feature allows recalibration of the transmission's behaviors WITHOUT requiring an expensive, and inconvenient “unlocking” service.
Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Colorado MY2017+ and GMC Canyon MY2017+ 3.6L LGZ ECM software reprogramming:
- Gains of up to +41 ft-lbs and +28 WHP under the curve (and +18 ft-lbs and +10 WHP peak on 91 octane)
- Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
- Power feels linear and immediately responsive (improved drivability and throttle attentiveness)
- Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
- Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
- Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
- Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
- Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
- The TRIFECTA flash loader and Transparency featureset does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
- Return to stock functionality included with flash loader
- TRIFECTA Octane Adaptive MKIII featureset will bias for lower octane fuels (multi dimensional airflow knock zoning and timing decay tables, not just high/low)
Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2017+ Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon 8L45 8-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:
- Supplementary 8L45 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
- Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
- Improved shift logic (improved drivability)
- Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
- Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
- Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
- Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles
- Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
- Premium fuel is recommended, but not required
Additional information and availability:
- Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow
- This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
View this product in our store!