So I bought my tune back in December and between the weather and just being a wuss, I finally got around to installing the tune today. I did not previously own a laptop, so I found a free Sony Vaio from circa 2002 and installed Windows XP Pro with all updates (high priority and optional including .Net). It has a Pentium III processor with a 15GB HDD, and 128MB of RAM . . . but previously I read that if it can run XP than it can run EZ Flash no problem.
Well in the end it installed the tune with no issues, even on that ancient hardware, but it definitely reinforced the need get a more modern machine. This dinosaur took about 1 minute per 1% of the tuning operation, so all told with the transparency mode enabled it took about 2 hours to install the tune total. I didn't really expect this, so I had sat in the driver's seat with the door shut (with an extension cord running to the laptop out the passengers side back to the house) and was afraid to move/open the door/etc. for 2 hours. I thought my bladder was going to explode!!! So lesson learned, use a computer with decent, modern specs. So yeah if anyone has a spare, cheap laptop laying around that they want to donate to the "Chad doesn't want to sit in his car for 2 hours while tuning fund" let me know!
Now to the fun part. After installing the tune and enabling transparency mode, I cleared the TCM adaptives and decided to take her for a short spin. All I can say is WOW. I started her off in Sport Mode (I've got an automatic) and the car finally drives like I hoped it would after installing my Vararam CAI and Vmax ported throttle body. I asked for firmer shifts and in Sport Mode it feels really aggressive, but not to the point of being annoying. I did another couple of miles in Drive just for comparisons sake, and Drive now feels like Sport Mode used to so I may actually use Drive now! (I previously drove it exclusively in Sport Mode). So now I'm going to drive it around for the week and shoot for some datalogs next weekend.